Documentation question at fedoralegacy.org

Matt Temple mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 3 21:13:20 UTC 2006

James Kosin wrote:

> Matt Temple wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure I understand.   The x86_64 rpms are already in the download
> >area for
> >core 3.   They're really there.

Thanks.   Let me see if anyone using this machine has significant
objections.
They might well, though.

> >                                                            Matt
>
> Matt,
>
> I'm not saying they are not there.  Like Jesse just posted, "they are
> evaluating the build system and they have not officially announced
> support for the x86_64 platform until a consensus can be made on weather
> support will be continued."
>
> If you have a x86_64 system and want to test the builds that are there
> and say yea or no on the packages then go right ahead.  But, until we
> are sure they don't break anything we can't officially say yes to this.
>
> -James

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
44 Binney Street, LG300/300   http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!