1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Donald Maner donjr at maner.org
Mon Mar 20 20:02:47 UTC 2006

Ah, so I'm jumping the gun a little bit :)  That's fine, I just wanted to see which way the wind was blowing.

________________________________

On Monday 20 March 2006 11:01, Donald Maner wrote:
> With the release of FC5, I figured I'd start the discussion to gauge the
> amount of support for keeping FC2 updates going.
> As specified in the FAQ, Fedora Legacy will pick it up and maintain it for
> two additional Fedora Core release cycles.
> I believe FC1 still has the following to warrant continued work, what about
> FC2?

FC6 Test 2 would be the time in which FC2 would be eligible for the chopping
block.  Personally I'd like to see it go unless I get STRONG compelling
arguments to keep it.  Legacy is an extender, but not an indefinite one.
Longer life span needs ought to be using RHEL or one of the free rebuilds.