1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 03:11:31 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 18:08, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 20 March 2006 14:01, Donald Maner wrote:
>>> With the release of FC5, I figured I'd start the discussion to
>>> gauge the amount of support for keeping FC2 updates going.
>>>
>>> As specified in the FAQ, Fedora Legacy will pick it up and
>>> maintain it
>>> for two additional Fedora Core release cycles.
>>>
>>> I believe FC1 still has the following to warrant continued work,
>>> what about FC2?
>>
>> We're still out here, so count me in.
>
>I have one production server that's still on FC2. If FL would stop
>releasing updates for FC2 I will have it reinstalled with a newer OS
>(probably CentOS). Alas, as it's my only FC2 machine I can't help
>with QA.
>
>Nils.

I'm in the same boat, the only FC2 box I have is this one, and I do not
really consider it expendable.  I'd feel much different if I had
another box to drop onto the end of the ethernet cable & plug this 19"
monitor into.  But I don't.

Lots of folks would call this considerably hacked up FC2 install
thoroughly broken, but guess what?  EVERYTHING I use everyday, for
several hours of that day, Just Works(TM).