1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 23 01:44:48 UTC 2006

Quoting "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)" <nils at lemonbit.nl>:

> I just think it would be interesting (for Fedora Legacy) to have some
> sort of idea of why people are running legacy versions of Red Hat and
> Fedora, so FL knows 'who they are doing it for'.

I'm doing it for the classic reason:

I can't upgrade my servers just anytime; I need to upgrade them on a
strict schedule.  In other words, I have "windows of opportunity" within
which to upgrade.

As you might guess, the upgrade schedule for FC releases does not usually
match my windows of opportunity...  So I need something to keep my going
for up to a year, until I can upgrade the machines...

> My guess is that it's
> mostly people that have used Fedora Core for live servers that they
> don't want to upgrade (people that maybe should've gotten another
> distro, in my opinion) and there's people like James Kosin that won't
> upgrade because of things like driver/kernel issues.

Very rarely I hit a driver issue or other issue.  But mostly it is
a matter of timing and available time.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics