New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Mar 25 05:05:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:09 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> This sounds like what happens when we rush the QA processes...
>
> I've stopped trying to do QA because by the time I download the testing
> version, install it, and start testing it, and well before I can submit
> a report, the package gets released...  Very frustrating.

I had verified votes for all the platforms.  I also had LOTS of people
asking when a release would come out, again and again.  Unfortunately
sendmail is one of those really crappy packages that does a ton of stuff
in spec and deals w/ alternatives and gets used in so many different
ways that it is hard to test every corner case.  Admittedly the missing
symlinks is a pretty glaring issue, but rpmdiff wouldn't find it as the
links aren't provided by the package, nor does it prevent normal mail
delivery, just things that look in /usr/lib/ for sendmail.