New sendmail and missing /usr/lib/sendmail

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 27 13:07:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 23:48 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Ah, now we get down to the nitty gritty of the desire to hasten
> the process of going from a Test state to a Release state. Hopefully,
> those who in past have seen no need to maintain a policy of "no package
> can move from Test state to Release state unless it has actually gone
> through test to prove proper operation" and want to change to one of
> "if enough time has lapsed, then even if no verification of proper
> operation has taken place, we need to move from Test state to Release
> state" can see a little bit of the other side of the fence, now.

Curiously, sendmail actually DID get test votes for all platforms before
it got moved to official updates. No part of the QA process was
hastened.

This has happened before. Most packages that got pushed out that had
serious problems had been through QA and had people test them. One of
the php updates is an example I know of.

Marc.