You Need Fedora Legacy!! Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 8 20:51:25 UTC 2006

Quoting Tim Thome <tthome at cox.net>:

> For the packagers... how to package for a release. I maintain my own
> boxen, so when a security issue pops up, I download source or make the
> fix locally. How to build a package and release it into testing remains
> somewhat of a mystery... I'd be happy to do so, if it were documented
> somehow.

Yeah, it is a bit of a mystery.  Right now, AFAIK, for those "outside"
the system, all you can do is post a link to your SRPM for those inside
the system to grab and utilize...  Posting such a link to the mailing list
or to the relevent bugzilla entry would be the way to do that.  Preferably
to the bugzilla of course, but if that is too great a challange the mailing
list is a backup method that is less challanging.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!