Openssl updates

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Sun Nov 19 16:20:45 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 01:20, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Interest in Fedora Legacy has slowed down. You can find some
> FC4 updates at http://www.jur-linux.org/rpms/fc-updates/4/ ,
> but some updates will probably also soon show up at
> http://fedoralegacy.org/

I can see why this would be the case. I don't want to knock your efforts in
any way (very much appreciated!) but the truth is that FL exists to extend
the short shelf-life of Fedora. And anything that demands a longer shelf-life
I've moved over to CentOS or RHEL. I have but one remaining machine using
Fedora as a server (running FC1, in a fairly protected environment) that will
be upgraded to CentOS 5 once it's released.

FL was more or less born when those who started using Fedora to replace RHL on
the servers were bitten by Fedora's short lifespan. (myself included) Even
with FL's efforts, the life expectancy is still on the short side... I
currently plan against using Fedora in any long-term environment where FL
would even be needed... and I'm sure I'm not unique in that!

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978