nails in coffins? Re: Openssl updates

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 30 14:29:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 08:12:53AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 06:55, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Is the 13-month lifespan for Core (i.e. "merged Legacy") accepted as
> > official?
>

> That honestly depends on if releasing core to the outside world gets the
> approval of Red Hat management.  We hope it does, and if it does (and if
> Legacy and FESCO agrees) than the 13month will fall into effect.  So it
> hasn't been decided yet.

If some statement from legacy is needed about FC3/FC4 before that
decision is made (which IMHO is needed), how about something along a
heading of

  "Fedora Legacy is ending its current support model working towards
   direct involvement in maintenance of upcoming Fedora releases in
   FL's spirit of extending lifetimes of Fedora releases. Within this
   anticipated release model there will be no distinction between FL
   and other entities."

We don't pre-announce anything that hasn't been decided on, but still
show where FL is heading to.

It's better than simply hanging a "closed" sign upfront the website. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net