nails in coffins? Re: Openssl updates

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.nl
Thu Nov 30 16:40:45 UTC 2006

Op 30-nov-2006, om 17:11 heeft Matthew Miller het volgende geschreven:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:40:55PM +0100, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)
> wrote:
>> Not for that couple of FC3 machines my clients have running. Or am I
>> misunderstanding the 13 months of support somehow? FC3 was released
>> on November 8 2004. Also, FC4 (I don't have any FC4 machines) was
>> released on June 13 2005, so I guess that is also EOL effectively.
>
> In terms of "have their been a meaningful number of updates for real
> security problems", they are EOL *now* -- just sans announcement.

I know, but not everybody knows. If FL is going to make an official
statement I'd vote for telling it like it is. Giving the whole thing
a positive spin (by saying Legacy is merging with Core) is fine with
me, but I suggest we do tell people FC3 and FC4 are EOL as of *now*
(unlike what some people may be thinking).

Nils Breunese.