[Fwd: Problem in Upgradation Mysql 3.23 in Fedora 2]

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Sun Oct 15 09:05:11 UTC 2006

David Eisenstein wrote:

> I am cc'ing in the Fedora-Legacy-List just in case someone on it
> may have some
> answers for you.  I did a quick search on rpm.pbone.net (a nice RPM
> package
> search engine) for "mysql" and it returned only mysql-3.23.58-xxxxx.
>
> You said you downloaded "mysql-server-4.1.11-2.i386, mysql-
> devel-4.1.11-2.i386,
> mysqlclient10-3.23.58-6.i386."  First of all, you probably don't
> want to try to
> install mysqlclient version 3.23.58 if you're trying to install
> mysql-server &
> mysql-devel 4.1.11.  You should install the same version of
> mysqlclient as you
> are installing of the server and devel packages.  Where did you
> download those from?
>
> Pawan, you might wish to subscribe to fedora-legacy-list.  You
> might also try
> subscribing to fedora-list and ask the same question(s) there.  To
> subscribe to
> these, you can go to these two URL's:
>
> Google is your friend, Pawan:  Try querying ["mysql 4" "fedora core
> 2"] there.
> The first hit I got on that query what this:  "Installing MySQL 4.1
> on Fedora
> Core 2..." at <http://www.tummy.com/journals/entries/
> scott_20041117_131449>.
>
> Also found this looking around, entitled "Upgrading MySQL version 3
> to 4 RedHat
> / Fedora," <http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql/>
> which may help
> you even more.  DISCLAIMER:  I've never tried either of these.
>
> Hope this helped.
>
> 	-David
>
> ps:  If anyone on fedora-legacy-list has any hints or suggestions,
> please share,
> and do a cc: to Pawan, as he's not (yet) subscribed to the list.
> Thanks.  -dde

I'm using the Atomic Rocket Turtle repository (http://
www.atomicrocketturtle.com/) and that gets you MySQL 4.1.21 at the
moment and provides a mysql-compat package for 3.23.x. Works just
fine for me and is also available for Fedora Core 2. But, FC2 is EOL,
so I'd look into an upgrade for that FC2 box.

Nils Breunese.