yum.log and logwatch

Peter J. Holzer hjp+fedora-legacy at wsr.ac.at
Fri Sep 15 08:11:46 UTC 2006

On 2006-09-14 13:03:17 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:54:02AM +0200, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
> > at the bottom of the file. Apparently the entries in yum.log do not
> > contain years in their dates, so logwatch doesn't know these updates
> > were installed a year ago instead of now.
>
> It's definitely an annoying problem. Newer yum can log to syslog, which will
> solve this.

Syslog doesn't contain a year either. But on most machines the syslog
files are rotated more than once per year ;-)

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users