Re: [Fedora-legal-list] Re: Artistic license

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 13:15 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > Since I know you've got a checkout of everything already, can you tell
> > me how many packages have "Artistic" in their license list?
>
> It looks like 703 packages use it (15% of all packages).  Attached is
> a list of packages that matched and their License: tags.

Awesome, thanks Todd.

So, ignoring GPL or Artistic...

We're down to these 44 packages. We need to send each of the packager
maintainer(s) an email, asking them to contact upstream and convince
them to relicense to Artistic 2.0
(http://www.perlfoundation.org/artistic_license_2_0) or dual license
with some other license on our "good list" (GPL or Artistic is fine).

If we get a lot of pushback, then we'll reconsider Artistic 1.0's status
as a "bad license", but lets at least try.

Here's the package & maintainers:

cpan2rpm ghenry suretecsystems com
crack Christian Iseli licr org
cracklib nalin redhat com
d4x matthias rpmforge net
elph Christian Iseli licr org
glimmer Christian Iseli licr org
perl-Apache-Session steve silug org
perl-Authen-Radius andreas bawue net
perl-Class-Data-Accessor cweyl alumni drew edu
perl-Class-Gomor foolish guezz net
perl-Class-Singleton steve silug org
perl-Crypt-CBC andreas bawue net
perl-DBIx-POS cweyl alumni drew edu
perl-DBIx-SQLite-Simple foolish guezz net
perl-Font-TTF nicolas mailhot laposte net
perl-GD jpo di uminho pt
perl-Image-Size jpo di uminho pt
perl-IO-Multiplex lmb biosci ki se
perl-LockFile-Simple andreas bawue net
perl-NetAddr-IP andreas bawue net
perl-Net-Netmask wtogami redhat com
perl-Net-Packet foolish guezz net
perl-Net-Server nicolas mailhot laposte net
perl-Net-SNPP jeff ocjtech us
perl-Net-Write foolish guezz net
perl-Parse-RecDescent rnorwood redhat com
perl-pmtools jpo di uminho pt
perl-Razor-Agent wtogami redhat com
perl-Regexp-Common rc040203 freenet de,lxtnow gmail com
perl-SNMP_Session jpo di uminho pt
perl-SVG-Graph alexl users sourceforge net
perl-Text-Autoformat steve silug org
perl-Text-Reform steve silug org
perl-Tie-EncryptedHash paul city-fan org
perl-Unix-Syslog steve silug org
perl-XML-Grove rnorwood redhat com
pgadmin3 ghenry suretecsystems com
pv jhrozek redhat com