[Fedora-legal-list] Re: W3C documentation license

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Aug 12 23:48:13 UTC 2007

> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>

> > I'm forwarding this to fedora-legal-list, so it goes on the record. We
> > probably want to have these sorts of discussions there in the future.
> >
> > ~spot
>
> You might want to modify the various licensing related wiki pages to
> point to this list instead of your mail address. I would prefer
> discussions happen on a public list too even if it is just you answering
> questions so that there is a public history of the discussions and
> decisions.

I'm doing this now (it was always my intent, but I needed to get the
pages up quicker than I had originally thought).

I also changed the wording in the overview on the Licensing/ page, upon
consultation with Max Spevack. He confirmed that I still have
jurisdiction over Fedora Licensing matters, with the caveat that the
Fedora Board and Red Hat Legal can override my decisions.

With that said, I am certainly not infallible, and I greatly value the
input of others when making these decisions.

~spot

P.S. Keep in mind that IANAL.