[Fedora-legal-list] EULA -> License Agreement

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:16:39 UTC 2008

Richard Fontana sent me an interesting note that I hadn't had time to
follow up 'til now.  It concerns whether Fedora should prefer the use of
the term "License Agreement" over "EULA," the latter of which he felt
sounded too much like a proprietary software-ism.  And if you think
about it, he's right -- what does "end user" mean when any user can
potentially redistribute?  There *IS* no theoretical end to a Fedora
supply chain.

I've cc'd him here in case he wants to comment further.

I'd like to move/rename the wiki page at
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/EULA
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/LicenseAgreement
and similarly with the other pages.

Fixing the link in firstboot would require fixing all the PO strings as
well -- but because the content doesn't change, that's a trivial elbow
grease exercise.  I'll bring that to Mr. Lumens, along with an offer to
make the changes, provided (1) people agree with the change, (2) Chris
is in agreement, and (3) we get a rel-eng buy-in for this trivial
change.