[Fedora-legal-list] Trusting upstream website when code has no license

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Aug 16 02:13:58 UTC 2008

>>>>> "RF" == Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> writes:

RF> Disclaimer: IAARHL, IANYL, TINLA

No problem.  However, please forgive this response for I am new to
this list and don't know who everyone is.  I simply do not know if
should take your comments as rendered opinion for the purposes of
acceptance of packages into Fedora.

I do a large amount of new package review and run into odd license
questions nearly every day.  Often I ping spot for these but I figured
I'd try to get closer to the source.  I just don't know who the
sources actually are yet.

 - J<