[Fedora-legal-list] man-pages-ko licence

Ding-Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 06:35:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am packing the man-pages-ko, the Korean manpages.
The package (man-pages-ko) itself contain nothing more than collection
of translated manpages.
Nevertheless, it does have a Korean copyright announcement
(http://man.kldp.org/wiki/ManPageCopyright) .
The Google translates it to:

Translation copyright page manual #

English translations of all the registered in the project Manpage page
manual to the rights of the copyright
 to the original (English), as follows. Put additional restrictions on
the Korean Manpage project.
However, such a translation, which occurred on the secondary rights such
as coherent.

1. Translation copyright page manual translated translators identified
with the principles of translators.
2. Unspecified translators translate the manual page, the copyright of
the English translation of the page
   Manpage project.
3. Distributed as a package in the form of projects Manpage English, the
archive, the archive's Manpage copyright
    of the Korean project.
4. Even if the cases listed above, the modified document / Do not put
restrictions on the redistribution.
   However, modifying / redistribution if the source of the page manual
explicitly that the project since the
   Korean Manpage raised by the feedback to be sent to the Korean
Manpage project.

To me, it looks a bit like IEEE, but it lacks of POSIX copyright, and it
adds extra requirement such as notify
the Korean Manpage project. Should we still consider it IEEE?

Regards.
Ding-Yi Chen