[Fedora-legal-list] license questions for user apps

John john.lever at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 16 16:19:48 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am looking at developing an application based on FEDORA - which will run from a bootable USB under FEDORA.

The application will probably be written in in C or C++ (gcc) and use gtk libraries or use TCL/TK . I may use  REALBASIC which if I buy from them does not include license costs for the applications generated and does not include libraries with any licensing costs on them.

I then want to distribute the application with a PC commercially ie to sell multiple PCs all with FEDORA on them and all of them running my application.

I do not want to contravene any licensing restrictions - but quite honestly the licensing constraints for FEDORA are beyond my mental capabilities.

If a license is needed for every machine sold with my application on it what will the license cost for the FEDORA component and any other component ?

Rgds,
John Lever