[Fedora-legal-list] Ekushey Bengali fonts

"Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)" sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 04:57:58 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/648
>> I'm not sure who (if anyone) has been alerted about this request for us
>> to host some Bengali fonts which apparently have some uncertain origins,
>> despite their licensing.  (See ticket URL above for details.)  This
>> situation's probably not critical, because there's nothing being hosted
>> by Fedora yet AFAICT, but it would be nice to respond to the
>> requestor(s) in the ticket.
>
> CC'ing a couple of folks who can check this out.

The fonts in question have had unclear origins particularly related to
the glyphs. This issue has been out there for a while without a very
clear statement from the developers.

Sayamindu (cc: ed) has some more knowledge about the lack of clarity of
these set of fonts.

On a personal note, I would not like to see them hosted at Fedora
Infrastructure or included as part of anything related to bn_IN (which
is maintained by Runa) till there is clarity on the issue.

~sankarshan

--

You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;