[Fedora-legal-list] NVIDIA license

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 19:06:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 03:36 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Hello, all:
>
> Now I am trying to review rsssserver (bug 450409).
> First I checked the license issue of this package, then I found some of the codes
> are licensed under the below:
>
> /*********************************************************************NVMH1****
> File:
> nv_algebra.h
>
> Copyright (C) 1999, 2002 NVIDIA Corporation
> This file is provided without support, instruction, or implied warranty of any
> kind.  NVIDIA makes no guarantee of its fitness for a particular purpose and is
> not liable under any circumstances for any damages or loss whatsoever arising
> from the use or inability to use this file or items derived from it.

This isn't really a license, there is no permission to use, copy,
modify, or redistribute. I know you're not going to like this answer,
but someone is going to need to contact the copyright holder (NVIDIA
Corp) to ask them if they will grant permission to use, copy, modify,
and redistribute this source.

As-is, non-free.

~spot