[Fedora-legal-list] cascading the CC licenses

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 17:42:14 UTC 2009

Some questions about how to reuse/remix CC content in to our wiki and
other content locations.

Given: our content is now CC BY SA 3.0.

What happens when we reuse CC BY content in to our wiki?  Is it OK
that it turns in to SA after that?  Or what does it become?

If not, do we have to do something special when mixing CC BY content
in?

I know we cannot reuse NC content, but what about
reuse/remix/redistribution of:

* CC BY 3.0
* CC BY SA 2.x
* CC BY ND

I'm guessing that the no-derivatives content can be redistributed by
us, but we don't want to because then we create a mixed work that
cannot be free?

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41