Re: [Fedora-legal-list] Legal aspects of fedora based appliances

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 09:57:10PM +0100, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Hello.
> Fedora contains various tools for appliance creation. AFAIK it is
> intended that Fedora shall be used as a base for various appliances ISVs
> or OEMs want to create. But there is there some legal-guide which
> summarizes the legal aspects of Fedora based appliances e.g. when I want
> to distribute a Fedora AOS with some proprietary software? (As some kind
> of media-center).

I'm assuming you mean guidance on whether, and how, these types of
appliances can use the "Fedora" name and associated trademarks. You
can find our full trademark guidelines here:

The particular section on appliances and OS images is here: