Re: [Fedora-legal-list] License for wallpapers in old Fedora releases

On 07/24/2009 09:22 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
On 07/24/2009 11:28 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
At the Design-Team we figured it would be handy to provide (perhaps in a
gallery) wallpapers from the old releases, so the users who liked them
can have a handy access at the images. It is also useful to have when
documenting our history.

However, we have a licensing issue with the images created before the
team establishment, from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora 7, when they were
created behing the closed doors, at the Red Hat Desktop Team.

Nicu,

In order to handle this properly, I'm going to need a list of the
specific files. Can you generate that list for me? Bonus if you can
actually get the files in one directory somewhere. :)

From FC1 to FC5 the wallpapers used to be part of the desktop-backgrounds-basic package (marked as LGPL licensed) with the /usr/share/backgrounds/images/default.png filename.

For FC6 and F7 they were moved in fedora-logos (marked as Copyright Red Hat) with the /usr/share/backgrounds/images/default.png filename.

Here is a collection of the files (thanks to Martin, who had it already prepared):
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/wallpapers/.old-wallpapers/