rhl website?

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 15:24:45 UTC 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Alex Kanavin wrote:

> =======================
> Red Hat remains excited about the open development process announced on
> Monday. We're currently reworking the content of this site to clarify
> questions people have raised since our announcement. We'll have the site
> restored as soon as possible.
> =======================
>
> I wonder what the questions were - the website while it was still
> avaiable looked good enough to me.

I'm sure it was good enough for most developers. However,
it didn't answer the questions some non-developers had.
Maybe you remember the panicked rumours on slashdot the
saturday before rhl.redhat.com went live ?  It wouldn't
be good if those happened again in other audiences, so
the site is being updated to also answer their questions.

No, I can't be much more specific than that. Sorry ;)

> I also have that disturbing thought that one should read the above as
> "Red Hat is currently considering going back to the closed development
> model"...

All the software we ship is developed as open source, so
moving the distribution itself to an open development
model is only logical.  Don't worry...