New windows open at 0,0

It seems that *most* of the apps that I open start their window in the upper left corner. I can move them easily enough but it is a bit annoying to move the window of almost every app I start. I've looked all over the system and and on Google but can't seem to find a solution. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

--
(¬_    Some days you're the windshield    >o)
//\    Some days you're the bug...        /\\