Re: ACPI implementation

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:15:28PM +0530, Rada and Gus wrote:
> I've read that other distro(s) implement ACPI "right out of the box".
> Is there any chance for the upcoming release to have this feature
> enabled by default on the laptop install?  Gus Degreef

The Severn beta *does* include ACPI.  It's probably going to end up
default-disabled but enablable with acpi=on because there are enough
unexplained problems with enabling it by default everywhere, but the
problems that we used to have where ACPI bugs were not worked around
by turning off acpi at run time appear to all be gone.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/