Re: Partition Size on RH 9 Installation

Am Die, 2003-08-26 um 04.22 schrieb Scot Huntsberry:
> suggestions oh how to best partition a 50gb hard drive to maximize the
> efficiency of the system.

That's a lot of space :)  I've created my partitions as follows:

50 mb primary for /boot,
1 gb  primary partition for swap

the rest primary as a logical Volume

Within that volume:

4 gb for /
20 gb for /home

and several additional file systems for special purposes (e.g. a
separate file system for mysql in my case).

I can easily resize partition as needed, can temporarily add a partition
for testing purposes (e.g. beta severn)

Peter