doughnuts on a fish hook

Magnus chrish at trilug.org
Wed Aug 27 17:16:17 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 08:30  AM, William Hooper wrote:

> In addition to the two ways already mentioned, you have both the
> "Current"
> project, and "nrh-up2date" which act as up2date servers.  There are a
> number of other scripts to download and apply updates from a local
> mirror
> of RPMs (search Freshmeat).

Call me crazy but I want to have my cake and eat it, too.

Ideally one should be able to use the RHN front end interface to tell
50 machines to all grab the same package.  Then that package should be
fetched from a local repository.

 From what I've seen of yum & current so far, it seems like you lose the
nice front end interface in order to gain a local repository.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish