fuzzy fontness

Hi all,

 Redhat9 gave me very crisp, clear fonts.  Updating to Rawhide, I
noticed they got rather fuzzy - the AA isn't as good.  I'm running an
LCD, and I _do_ have sub-pixel smoothing on.  (Same setting as we/
RH9.)  Using the Vera fonts in GNOME.

 Before I start filing bugs and all that, thought I'd check if anyone
else noticed this behaviour/change - if not, then I guess I need to
figure out what changed so drastically in my setup...

 Thanks all!
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.