Constant annoying redraws in gtk app

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 31 03:32:17 UTC 2003

I have an app, Snd, the venerable sound editor, which can be compiled either with the openmotif or the gtk libraries. I prefer the gtk libs but it displays a very annoying tendency to redraw the app display everytime you move another window across it or do *anything* with the screen. The openmotif compile, OTOH, is lightning fast with none of these tendencies.

My question: would this be a factor of how Snd itself is coded (the source readme does admit that the gtk port needs a lot of work), or is it a facet of the Metacity WM on my RH8 box?

jb