Problems with X system

Frank Turscak ftokcfed at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 04:35:56 UTC 2003

I had a similar problem woth my All in Wonder 7500VE and a HP S50
Monitor.  The defauld settings for the monitor did not match the
monitor's "official" specs.  After fixing them, everything has been
woking fine. The driver for my card is "Radeon 7500" (It could have
changed since my 'upgrade to squirrel in detox').  As to starting out in
text mode, you can edit your grub - add init 5 at the end of the second
line, I think.  Then you can change your config settings.  I forget
which one.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm half asleep here.