overwriting with Rpms

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 1 15:36:28 UTC 2003

Blaine Gordon wrote:

> This should be an easy one. I want to install an RPM for Mozilla to
> update it. If I try I get a message that it conflicts with the current
> version. Is there a command which overwrites the current version using
> RPM's?

rpm -ivh file.rpm   This is to install an RPM..

rpm -Uvh file.rpm    This will upgrade and RPM..

rpm -Fvh file.rpm    This will freshen the installed RPM with a newer
one if availible..

Take note of the case of the options..

You are probably needing -Uvh.. using -Fvh is used when you have a
directory of RPM's and only want to install the newer versions of
already installed RPM's..

later..