Cedilla Problem!

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Mon Dec 1 18:45:47 UTC 2003

Hi Owen,

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:10:32 -0500
Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com> wrote:

> Right, but actually we did add some conveniences recently for users
> who don't need __ but do need ç:
>
>  * If your LC_CTYPE points to a language that uses the cedilla
>    (pt, fr, tr, etc.), then GTK+ will by default use the
>    'imcedilla' input method which differs from the default input
>    method only in the matter of the this compose sequence.
>
>    So, put LC_CTYPE=pt_BR.UTF-8 in your /etc/sysconfig/i18n or
>    ~/.i18n. This does not affect the language of the user interface.
>
>    (If your are running with LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8, then LC_CTYPE is
>    automatically set appropriately, of course.)
>
> * You can also manually force the the choice of input method by
> setting
>   then environment variable GTK_IM_MODULE to 'imcedilla'.

I tried putting LC_CTYPE=pt_BR.UTF-8 on /etc/sysconfig/i18n, but it did
not work: 'ç' still appeared as 'c-grave' on sylpheed (GTK 1.2 app) --
and I did even set GTK_IM_MODULE to imcedilla.

Any idea of what could be the probl? Also, what could be the probl of
creating an ISO-8859-1 filename on ext3? Only unreadable names or
something worse?

TIA

Andre

--