Keyboard stops working

Baker, Brendon BBaker at fnb.co.za
Wed Dec 3 06:11:48 UTC 2003

Hi everyone

I have just installed FC1 on an old IBM server 320. This was all working
well until I attempted to copy the entire fs accross onto a LV. This failed
halfway through.
After I rebooted, the keyboard was no longer working once booted into the
OS. I reinstalled the system to see if this would fix it, but no luck.
I tried putting the numlock on to see when the keyboard stops working. It
works up until a split second before the login prompt. At this point you
can't so much as turn the numlock on and off.
I can log in via ssh. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Regards
Brendon

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.