Fedora and the SGI320 was: (no subject)

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Thu Dec 4 22:47:05 UTC 2003

Smith, Herb wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a Silicon Graphics 320 PC that I'd like to turn into a Fedora machine...currently it's NT 4.0.
>
>It won't boot from the cd or floppy...
>
>I understand that there may be some tricks necessary to pull this off.  Has anyone got any experience with a beast like this?

I have a 320, but it's running Win2K. There is a link that was an SGI
howto to load linux:

   http://oss.sgi.com/www.linux.sgi.com/intel/visws/arcboot.html

I have not tried this, but it looks like you download and create 2
floppies that allow you to install Linux from CDROM. The arcloader was
created for installing Linux 6.0, but it may work with Fedora...give it
a try. I don't think the Cobalt graphics are supported.