Problem mounting FAT32 hard drive

Curt Eckhart curt at shadetree.net
Fri Dec 5 21:14:22 UTC 2003

I don't know why this should work.  The 2Gb limit on FAT32 has to do
with the maximum addressable unit that DOS can handle.  While things may
appear ok, I have a feeling that once data needs to be stored past the
2Gb mark on the partition that bad things will happen under windows.

I think you should try storing more than 2gb on the partition to prove
that it works ok.  Linux can probably handle it, but I'll bet that MSxx
can't.

Curt Eckhart
Florida Legislature
curt at nospam. shadetree.net
Please don't reply directly.. reply to the list.