Compact Flash Issue

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 6 05:55:15 UTC 2003

Will Backman wrote:
> Tried to read a 128MB compact flash from a camera.  Using Sandisk USB
> reader.
> Things seemed to work as they should.  /mnt/flash was created for me,
> but /var/log/messages said that the the device did not have a
> recognizable file system.
>
> (I hate to say this...but Win2k picked it up just fine, so I know the CF
> Card is ok.)
>
> Anyone else tried CF cards and USB readers under Fedora?
>
> -- Will
>

> --

Try this message, it helped me a lot:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg06124.html

you can either apply the patch or enter the commands whenever you want
to use the card reader. I have the patch applied and it worked great.

The reason the option in the kernel to recognize multilun is disabled is
that there situations where it is a problem (for detail have a look at
Bugzilla).

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,