[SECURITY] Updated Fedora Core 1 kernel packages.

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Sat Dec 6 13:07:13 UTC 2003

Hi,

 I wrote:

> Wouldn't it have been better just to release the patch
> separately, or in a compilation of small patches, ie as linux-2.4.22-
> smallpatches.patch?

 I just realized this probably is not a 2.4.22 specific vulnerability.
Anyway, wouldn't it have been better to release the patch separately?

 Another question, if the patch has been added to the Fedora Core / Red Hat
Enterprise Linux development trees then why has it only been applied to the
Red Hat Linux kernels last week? And why wasn't this issue communicated to
other distros? IIuc the patch must have been available since at least the
release of Fedora Core 1.

Bye,
Leonard.