Well......I did it!

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Sun Dec 7 01:34:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 19:11, John McBride wrote:
> Bryan Anderson wrote:
> >
> >  From today - MS-free!
> >
> sweet...i made the jump awhile ago and have not regretted it.
[snipped]

> fedora 1 is confusing from the "how do i pay" point of view!

    For right now, here's how you pay for it: in appreciation and
support.  Suddenly realize how much time you spend watching TV? Tell the
Metzler brothers just how much you appreciate their software. Be free
with "thank you"s.

    Try to research problems before complaining; google searching is
courteous.  And where possible, find something from ThinkGeek or
someplace and send'em something nice with a friendly card.

    I, too, appreciate all they have done, and can still do; I try to be
very forgiving if they're terse with me- I know they listen to THOUSANDS
of hatefully-written emails, by people who've spent all night and all
their patience before googling.

    Paraphrasing Steven King about Neil Gaiman's Sandman series: "These
are wonderful people, and we're damned lucky to have them."

    Thanks, guys!

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262