Installing Macromedia Flash

Mário Barros mrammb at clix.pt
Mon Dec 8 01:30:34 UTC 2003

Charles Layno wrote:

>I am trying to install Macromedia Flash in FC1 as a plugin for Mozilla.
>
>The install is asking:
>
>Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
>or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla
>
>WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.
>
>I have entered the default I have entered lots of things but it keeps telling
>me to enter a valid installation path. What is the correct installation path?
>
>Charles Layno
>Greensboro, NC
>

>--

I just installed it on Firebird, I guess you can do what I did...

Download the Flash Player installer for Netscape and extract
libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt to your Firebird plugins
directory. If Flash Player does not work, install
compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm

it worked for me...

you can download flash player here:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/flash/english/linux/6.0r79/install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz