Seg Fault when trying to install shared-mime-info RPM built from SRPM

Mon Dec 8 14:45:57 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to install ROX, which requires the
shared-mime-info RPM from:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/shared-mime-info

I downloaded and built the SRPM, since there is no FC1 RPM there.

The SRPM build goes fine, however when attempting to install the RPM, I
get a Segmentation Fault error.  I have tried this process several
times, including re-downloading the SRPM in case the download was bad.

Does anyone have a clue as to what maybe wrong here? Are there specific
RPM build options required for this one or something else that I am
missing?

Thanks,

Marc Schwartz