nVidia GeForce FX 5200 dual-monitor screensavers

Douglas Ohlhorst Douglas.Ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 8 15:01:28 UTC 2003

Hello All,

I have been having an issue with how Xscreensaver has been behaving on
my Fedora install. I am using the latest nVidia video card driver (4496)
with TwinView enabled on a dual-monitor system. The issue is when the
Xscreensaver kicks in there are two different screen savers on each
screen, I have it working quite nicely on my install of Red Hat Advanced
Workstation, but can not get this to work without enabling the option:

Option      "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "1"

Enabling this poses other issues when maximizing windows, etc. I was
curious if anybody has any ideas on this, any help would be great.

-= Douglas Ohlhorst