nVidia GeForce FX 5200 dual-monitor screensavers

Joshua Penix jpenix at binarytribe.com
Mon Dec 8 19:07:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 07:01, Douglas Ohlhorst wrote:

> with TwinView enabled on a dual-monitor system. The issue is when the
> Xscreensaver kicks in there are two different screen savers on each
> screen, I have it working quite nicely on my install of Red Hat Advanced
> Workstation, but can not get this to work without enabling the option:

Ah!  To follow up my own previous post, it appears that my guess was
correct.  From the XScreenSaver Changelog
(http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/changelog.html):

"On Xinerama systems, xscreensaver now runs one hack on each monitor
(just like in ``real'' multi-head mode) instead of running one hack
stretching across all the screens. Note that for this to work with any
3rd party screensavers, they must update their ``vroot.h'' file."

I guess this is new behavior we're going to have to get used to, or hack
up some source to fix :)  Perhaps I'll send a note to Jamie indicating
that a configuration option would be nice so people can have their cake
and eat it too.

--Josh