removed mp3 support in media players in fedora core 1

Exile In Paradise exile at weylan-yutani.com
Mon Dec 8 19:24:46 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 03:39, J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:
> Ogg Vorbis sounds so good (some people say it sounds better than an MP3 file
> of comparable size), Ogg Vorbis is patent-free, and Ogg Vorbis software is
> readily available on Fedora Core.  I'd say stick with Ogg Vorbis and help
> make it more popular.

Do you happen to know of any good MP3 to Ogg recoders?

I have heard that recoding can drop/mess with the quality, and I have
some MP3s that I ripped from my CDs at 320kbps, and I can really tell a
difference if they get dropped to 128Kbps (thanks Window Media
Mangler... grrr!)

Any pointers on moving an existing collection out of MP3 format that
doesn't really mess with the quality would be welcome. I for one am
personally tired of the MP3 compatibility issue with RH/FC1 and tired of
lugging along players every time I upgrade.

Thanks in advance!
--
Exile In Paradise