setting the default route

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Dec 10 22:33:07 UTC 2003

At 13:19 12/10/2003, Mauro Faccenda wrote:
>Hans Müller wrote:
>>how can set the default route?
>>afte booting i can change it by route del and route add.
>>But what can i do the i not need to modify the routing table after boot
>>via hand?

I have to say that this thread was incredibly frustrating to read. Hans,
PLEASE do not hit reply, then in the middle of three pages of stuff insert
just one line. It makes it bloody well IMPOSSIBLE for the rest of us to
find your comments. Keep only what you need of the previous message, then
delete the rest.

Having said that, your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and
ifcfg-eth1 should look like this:

DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=192.168.0.3
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
ONBOOT=yes

DEVICE=eth1
IPADDR=200.32.45.113
NETMASK=255.255.255.224
GATEWAY=200.32.45.112
ONBOOT=yes

Then your /etc/sysconfig/network should look like this:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=hans.maller.org
GATEWAYDEV=eth0

If you have those and then do "service network restart" as root, everything
will be correct. If not, post again.

Note that the last line is GATEWAYDEV, ///_not_/// GATEWAY.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com