Fedora Updates

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 15:45:05 UTC 2003

Krikket  said:

> When it comes to updates for Fedora, how do you go about doing it?  I see
> you just use the up2date tool, but with the RH releases, you've been
> limited to one demo account...  Is there this kind of limitation on
> Fedora, and the number of systems you're running?

Fedora's version of up2date doesn't use RHN, so there are no accounts.  By
default it pulls packages from Fedora's YUM repository (basically a web
server with some extra info).  You can also pick a faster mirror or add
additional package sources via the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

--
William Hooper