Running only on RAM

Luis Roberto lrbasurto at aps.com.mx
Thu Dec 11 15:57:53 UTC 2003

-------Mensaje original-------

De: Luis Roberto
Fecha: 11/12/2003 09:56:31 a.m.
Para: fedora-list at redhat.com
Asunto: Re: Running only on RAM

try mepis
download at linuxiso.org  , there you going to find some distros like demo
linux who works on ram

Luis Roberto

-------Mensaje original-------

De: fedora-list at redhat.com
Fecha: 11/12/2003 09:50:02 a.m.
Para: fedora-list at redhat.com
CC: jacky.buyck at wanadoo.fr
Asunto: Running only on RAM

Hi all.

    I'm searching to make (yet another one) project of an embeded system to
make router/fw box. I'm searching informations to make a basic Linux booting
from a Compact Flash and, due to minimal capacity of writing on CF, the
system must ONLY work in RAM (really rare write on the CF).
    It's a like the way CISCO and other product use to due for their
hardware : the system is on a flash memory and it run only in ram.

    So I've question about this : like I don't plan to rewrite all an OS but
instead reuse one, I want to know if someone could give me hint about this
regarding Fedora / Redhat ?
    I see that fedora offer a router/fw basic config ... is there a way to
reduce it over the size of the 256 Mo ???

Thanks.
JB