up2date via CLI

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 14 01:38:23 UTC 2003

Joolz  said:
>> [Mike Chambers schreef op 13-12-2003 08:17 -0600]
>>
>> Has anyone tried running "up2date package" on FC1 + rawhide updates?
>> Mine just sat there and never tried to install the package.

Haven't tried the rawhide up2date, but I did notice the other day that an
early run of up2date took *forever* because something caused it to grab
all the header files.  If you strace the up2date process you can see this
happening it that is the case.

> Sorry, no up2date here.

How can you help with the issue, then?

> FWIW have you ever tried apt-get and synaptic. IMO it's great to
> maintain a RH / FC system. It's at freshrpms.net

Religious arguments have no place here, please keep them to yourself.

--
William Hooper