multiple usbdevices

Göran Lund pipecrawler at telia.com
Sun Dec 14 23:53:19 UTC 2003

Hi everybody.
firs of all let me congratulate to a wonderful os, Fedora runs "like
butter in a hot pan".
I am running fedora core 1 yarrow.
Almost everything seems to work for me except for this problem i have.
i got an usb-cardreader with 4 port , Gnome at desktop.
I'm going nuts on this SCSI thing, sometime it's find my cardreader and
sometimes not, do i always have to make echo "SCSI add-single-device 0 0
0 1 (2,3)" > /proc/scsi/scsi
or do i have to rebuild the kernel.  When i put in a usb flash disk eg.
pocket memory then the fstab is updated with memory stick on sdd1, and i
get memorystick in disks on Gnome desktop but when i try to mount it i
get the mess "no valid block device " i also have 1 mp3 player exatel
usb its like the memory stick but then the fstab does not update ??. I
can mount all of these devices one at a time but when i try to mount
them all it's when my caos start .
devices: 1 4_port cardreader
            1 mp3 player
            1 memorystick