was unsubscibe, now development 2.6 kernel

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 15 02:35:52 UTC 2003

ne... wrote:

>On Dec 14, 2003 at 17:13, Jim Cornette in a soothing rage wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>>login:user
>>password:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>Now a question apears on the screen which asks the below.
>>Would you like to enter a security context (Y)
>>
>>next appears the below:
>>role:
>>followed by the next line.
>>type:
>>

>[...]
>

>>Any ideas?
>>

>SELinux perhaps. I do not run it. You may want to check the
>policy rpms. These may help you out.
>
>N.Emile...

Thanks for the lead. I think that there was some SELinux message passing
on the screen.

If I have it installed. I never set it up. I was ready to LVM2 the whole
test installation from the main installation. I feared some trojan horse
or similar problem.

The 2.6 kernel booted fine in my main installation. I upgraded some
developmental programs and will see if SELInux is installed on my test
installation shortly.

With the developmental 2.6 kernel. I lost my sound AC97 and also my 6 in
1 reader is not recognized. I think that I have to get the modules to
load from the 2.4 kernel translated to the 2.6.

Thanks,

Jim